Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Balcony is Open

Enjoying my balcony.  Working a little.  And acutely aware of the praise that is rising from the depths of my soul.  When I try to pinpoint the source of my joy - it becomes fuzzy.  There are good things happening, there are challenging things coming.  Perhaps it's just that at this stage of my life I know with comfort and contentment that God has a plan and makes a way.  And that obedience is a little thing.

Recently, I was reunited with some childhood friends.  It is such a blessing.  I am so grateful for them in my life again.  Such a wonderful and unexpected gift.

I find my mind fresh with simple memories - while getting a manicure this morning I suddenly changed my mind and switched from french to a sassy red polish.  When the manicurist finished I looked at my hands and remembered vividly my mother's hands and was warmed by the memories of her.  She is still missed - but oh how the memories make me smile.

I am blessed to have friends/cousins who support me in my walk - and tap or thump me when I decide to dance to close to the fire.  I am grateful.  And there is my work - I am fortunate to enjoy what I do.  Speaking of work - I must get back to it.

Be blessed and enjoy Easter.  I am always overwhelmed by the mere thought of HIS sacrifice.

No comments: