Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mockery

These are interesting times to say the least. My entries on this blog has been about my observations about God's hand and handi-work in this season of my life. It is fast approaching the 3rd anniversary of my separation from my spouse. I have thought about how the choices of the heart can cause one to mock God and marriage. I am learning how that same spirit of confusion and disobedience can lead a person to mock divorce and the courts as well. (After being separated this long bifurcation is a ridiculous option - it is a marital status only resolution - they declare you single while you must continue to work through settlement with an ex-spouse. There is no point - cut all ties at once.)

I do believe, divorce while a painful process can be simple enough. However, like marriage emotional maturity is required. I have said since day 1 - that I would be likely to cry all the way through the proceeding but that I would comply and continue to stand in my values through the process. My position has not changed. I am committed to fairness and wish to seek no inequitable redress for a breached commitment.

I am finding that a spirit of humility and forgiveness - is healing and makes what could be overwhelmingly sad bearable. I am also finding that as a woman - being business savvy is a blessing. Feeling based decisions are seldom in your financial best interest. The statistics show that women are more financially harmed in that it takes them longer to recover financially from a divorce. With that in mind - I would advise women cry if you must, endure the pain but seek and stand firm for an equitable settlement.

As I say God always has a plan. I am beginning to be able to see meaningful purpose coming out of this season. Stay tuned :)

No comments: