Thursday, March 22, 2012

It's Unfortunate

This is another old post from early in this season, probably 2007 or so.  It is from a post to a Divorce Recovery Group where someone asked the question:


When is divorce ok?

I feel you. And in some ways I feel the same - our problems were not in meeting each other companionship and connectedness needs (we had a blast together), but have very different ways of dealing with the adult realities of life. I think as long as there is connection there is always the opportunity for reconciliation (now DESIRE for reconciliation is another matter). And it's good if the feelings are raw and unhidden - buried emotions don't ever stay buried do they? And it's got to be way tougher with kids. We don't have kids - which is another issue (someone said recently a marriage without children is not a real marriage - I disagree.) I am at least beyond the tears, but it is very difficult. I just keep remembering God has a plan. I do take some comfort in that I am not willing to say I wanted this divorce or think that it is for the best - I simply say it is 'unfortunate' that for whatever reason we could not work things out. If my spouse's free will and disobedience gets us to divorce - so be it. Keep your head up.  Cry when you need to, be kind to yourself.

No comments: